A man who carried out six robberies on banks BB gun and imprisoned for 15 years.Matthew T Martin, 32, of Wethersfield in Vermont, armed robberies carried out over a period of 12 months in 2015. In addition to the banks, and its objectives included pharmacy and a petrol station.
On every occasion he entered the headquarters armed with a fake gun, and threatened the staff to give him money before making away with thousands of dollars.
Stole more than $ 25,000 (£ 19882) in total by the US authorities to put him on the “Fugitive of the Week” list, which was circulated in December 2015 and Martin turned himself in
After pleading guilty to eight offenses, sentenced Martin to 180 months, to run concurrently, for each crime in the District Court in Brattleboro on 31 January
Martin wave of thefts included:
- On January 28, 2015, he robbed a branch of the Windsor County Credit Union South in Springfield, Vermont. During the robbery, said the teller that he had a gun, although that one does not appear, and stole $ 2,596.
- On February 7, 2015, he stole a Shell fuel station in the bucket, Vermont. During the robbery, a gun pointed at a gas station clerk and made off with nearly $ 200.
- On February 17 2015, he robbed a branch of Bank of the citizens of Springfield, Vermont. He was wearing a false beard to hide his identity, and managed to steal $ 5,744.
- On November 11, 2015, he stole a pharmacy in Great Falls Bellows Falls, Vermont, where he also pocketed tablets containing oxycodone and OxyContin.
- December 1, 2015, took his crime spree in New Hampshire, committing an armed robbery at a branch of the Bank of Maskuma Mascoma Savings in Charleston and the theft of $ 4,700.
- On December 4, 2015, he was a branch of the TD North Bank robbed in Loudon, New Hampshire and made off with $ 3,200.
- On December 14, 2015, disguised as a woman, he robbed a branch of the People’s United Bank in Brattleboro, Vermont. Sarraf order to give him all the money in the cash drawer, he waved BB gun and showed mud “Globe” ATM, which claimed that a bomb. He said it with $ 3,791.
- December 21, 2015, Martin robbed a branch of the Credit Union Heritage in the bucket, Vermont family, making it with $ 4.633.